Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Executions & Tookie Williams

Regardless of who the person is I am against executions for a variety of reasons.

I believe it to be state sponsored revenge.

It does absolutely nothing to stop violent crime. If you believe it does just think about how many executions we have already had in this country. If so violent crime should have stopped centuries ago.

The chance that an innocent person could be executed is too high. Let's be realists here and say that innocent people have already been executed who knows how many times.

Class has a great deal to do with who gets the death penalty.

The impulse for revenge is quite wired into us human beings, if someone killed my wife or brother or friend naturally I would be angry and want to exact justice. That is why we have courts and not vigilante mobs which I am thankful for. Emotions run way too high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home